Tax Manager (Scottsdale, AZ)
Tax Manager is responsible for detailed planning and supervising two or more complete engagements simultaneously. This individual will supervise both associate and senior accountants, providing feedback and evaluating their progress; resolve tax and accounting problems as they arise and will develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the firm. Tax Manager will exhibit knowledge and understanding of the Firm’s service approach, professional requirements and lines of business and will support the Firm’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment and accountability.
Job Responsibilities – will include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, supervising and completing larger and more complex engagements
- Maintaining strong working relationships with clients and developing new client contacts beneficial to the firm
- Establishing and maintaining engagement schedules and budgets
- Ensuring work is done accurately, within budget constraints and on a timely basis
- Assuming responsibility for billing and collection
- Identifying and communicating accounting matters to managers and partners
- Participating in administrative planning, particularly continuing education and personnel development
- Identifying opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients
Education and Experience:
- 5-8 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Knowledge of current federal and state tax laws
- ProSystem fx and/or QuickBooks proficiency a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communications and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Establishes strong relationships with executives, staff, clients, outside agencies, organizations and individuals
Join a growing public accounting firm where corporate culture, exceptional client service and teamwork are top priorities. At Henry+Horne, we believe a happy workplace results in happy clients. We value our firm culture and career development of our team members. We promote and reward based on the contributions and values our team members provide. We offer a highly competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, require minimal travel, and provide an excellent work environment and leading technical tools that are utilized in a paperless environment. Relocation assistance may be offered for this position.
If you are the tax professional we are seeking, please send your resume with cover letter and salary expectations to SarahJ@hhcpa.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.