Research and Development Tax Manager
Opportunity in a growing tax practice!
If you have a passion for exceptional client service and want to grow your career with a firm that supports and fosters career growth through team engagement, then this is the opportunity for you.
Henry+Horne is looking to hire a manager for its research and development (R&D) tax credit consulting services team. You will be able to grow your technical expertise in this highly valued client service by working with an inspired team of professionals at the firm who are looking to make a positive impact on the clients they serve.
You will continue your career advancement by learning and exhibiting knowledge and understanding of the Firm’s service approach, professional requirements and lines of business. You will also learn the necessary tools and skills that support the Firm’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment and accountability.
Job Responsibilities – will include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in planning and running Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credit consulting and project management
- Manages R&D tax credit studies and related activities
- Schedules and conducts informational gathering interviews with clients
- Obtains and organizes documentation obtained from the client
- Develops and sustains excellent client relationships during delivery of R&D tax credit services
- Provides R&D tax credit quality assurance, engagement reviews and exam support
- Performs engagement management activities including billing analysis, invoicing, and engagement setup
- Drafts opinion letters, responses to IRS inquiries, IRS ruling requests and other technical memoranda
- Assists in the identification and management of R&D Tax Credit engagements
- Performs tax research
- Drafts technical reports and correspondence
- Assists with taxing authority audit defense
- Mentors associates and senior associates
- Participates in administrative planning, particularly continuing education and personal development
- Identifies opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Advanced Bachelor’s Degree preferred (e.g. MST, JD or LLM)
- Knowledge of current R&D Tax Credit Laws
- Experience training and supervising R&D Associates and Senior Associates
- Ability and willingness to travel
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communications and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- High proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Establishes strong relationships with executives, team members, clients, outside agencies, organizations and individuals
Join a growing public accounting firm where corporate culture, exceptional client service and teamwork are top priorities. At Henry+Horne, we believe a happy workplace results in happy clients. We value our firm culture and career development of our team members. We promote and reward based on the contributions and values our team members provide. We offer a highly competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and provide an excellent work environment and leading technical tools that are utilized in a paperless environment. Relocation assistance may be offered for this position.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.
Submit Your Resume Below: