Bookkeeper – Accounting Services (Tempe, AZ)
Bookkeeper is assigned a variety of tasks related to providing accounting services to clients. This individual will be responsible for knowing and understanding the Firm’s service approach, professional requirements and lines of business. As their ability to assume greater levels of responsibility is demonstrated, more complex technical areas and responsibilities may be assigned. This individual supports the Firm’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment and accountability.
Job Responsibilities – will include, but are not limited to:
- Properly code and complete data entry of bank statement and other bookkeeping transactions for a variety of clients.
- Complete the month-end process for clients.
- Reconcile bank accounts for clients.
- Provide backup support as needed to other accounting services personnel and their clients.
- Prepare reports, returns and other documents as required, including payroll reports, sales tax returns, year-end tax forms, monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and other reports required by clients.
- Administer and process payroll for clients, including updating payroll systems with new and terminated employee information, pay rates and deductions; collecting, reviewing and verifying time sheets; processing and completing the payroll cycle; direct deposit input; preparing payroll tax deposits and other payroll reports as required.
- Prepare and distribute 1099, 1098, 1096 and other related tax forms.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with clients and providing excellent customer service with timely communication
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience, specifically related to payroll and bookkeeping
- QuickBooks proficiency (desktop and online versions)
- Experience with sales tax return preparation is a plus
- Associates Degree in Accounting is a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communications and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Establishes strong relationships with executives, staff, clients, outside agencies, organizations and individuals
Join a growing public accounting firm where corporate culture, exceptional client service and teamwork are top priorities. At Henry+Horne, we believe a happy workplace results in happy clients. We value our firm culture and career development of our team members. We promote and reward based on the contributions and values our team members provide. We offer a highly competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, require minimal travel, and provide an excellent work environment and leading technical tools that are utilized in a paperless environment. Relocation assistance may be offered for this position.
If you are the accounting professional we are seeking, please send your resume with cover letter and salary expectations to SarahJ@hhcpa.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.