Advanced Audit Associate – Nonprofit (Tempe, AZ)
Advanced Associate Accountant is assigned tasks in the technical areas of an engagement or project to assist in the completion of client service work. This individual will be responsible for knowing and understanding the Firm’s service approach, professional requirements and lines of business. As their ability to assume greater levels of responsibility is demonstrated, more complex technical areas may be assigned. This individual supports the Firm’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment and accountability.
Job Responsibilities – will include, but are not limited to:
- Participation with a team on audit, review and compilation engagements of various clients
- Preparation of financial statements, working papers and assisting with planning of engagements
- Development of technical skills and ability to research technical materials
- Identifying and communicating accounting and taxation matters to seniors, supervisors, managers and partners
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with clients and providing excellent customer service with timely communication
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA/EA or CPA/EA candidate
- Knowledge of current federal and state tax laws
- ProSystem fx and/or QuickBooks proficiency a plus
- Nonprofit auditing experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communications and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Establishes strong relationships with executives, staff, clients, outside agencies, organizations and individuals
Join a growing public accounting firm where corporate culture, exceptional client service and teamwork are top priorities. At Henry+Horne, we believe a happy workplace results in happy clients. We value our firm culture and career development of our team members. We promote and reward based on the contributions and values our team members provide. We offer a highly competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, require minimal travel, and provide an excellent work environment and leading technical tools that are utilized in a paperless environment. Relocation assistance may be offered for this position.
If you are the administrative professional we are seeking, please send your resume with cover letter and salary expectations to SarahJ@hhcpa.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.