Accounting Specialist (Tempe, AZ)
Firmwide Accounting Specialist performs a variety of duties to support the Director with accounting activities such as processing accounts payable and receivable transactions, preparation of payroll and employee expense reimbursements, month end tasks as well as other administrative assignments, as needed. This individual will know and understand the Firm’s service approach, professional requirements, and lines of business. As their ability to assume greater levels of responsibility is demonstrated, more complex responsibilities may be assigned. This individual supports the Firm’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment, and accountability.
Job Responsibilities – will include, but are not limited to:
- Processes accounts receivable daily, applying payments received to client accounts, including researching, and reconciling any discrepancies.
- Processes accounts payable weekly, including cutting checks, and scheduling ACH or online payments.
- Reconciles multiple bank accounts monthly.
- Prepares journal entries and reviews general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close.
- Processes payroll bi-weekly, including updating payroll system with new and terminated employee information, pay rates and deductions; running, reviewing, and verifying time entries; processing and completing the payroll cycle.
- Processes employee expense reimbursements monthly, ensuring expenses have proper documentation and fall under company policy.
- Maintains vendor details in QuickBooks, ensuring vendor’s W-9 is current and prepares information for 1099 processing.
- Assist firm team members when needed.
- Assist firmwide administration with various clerical duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of recent experience, specifically related to payroll and accounts payable
- Experience with QuickBooks is highly desired
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll platform is desired
- Associates Degree in Accounting is desired
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong data entry skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate with management, team members, vendors, and clients
Join a growing public accounting firm where corporate culture, exceptional client service and teamwork are top priorities. At Henry+Horne, we believe a happy workplace results in happy clients. We value our firm culture and career development of our team members. We promote and reward based on the contributions and values our team members provide. We offer a highly competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, require minimal travel, and provide an excellent work environment and leading technical tools that are utilized in a paperless environment. Relocation assistance may be offered for this position.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.