Interns + Recent Grads
Get your start in the accounting industry today
When you’re starting your career in the accounting industry, job experience is a huge plus on your resume.
When you intern at Henry+Horne, you will get real-world, hands on experience working on client engagements and learn the ins and outs of how a CPA firm operates. You will get to work with team members at all levels – including partners. Our doors are always open and everyone is available to help you learn and succeed.
Whether you’re interested in tax or audit, we offer part-time internships for both in the spring. Some of your work opportunities would include:
- Preparing individual, corporate, partnership, multi-state and trust returns
- Drafting responses to notices from taxing authorities
- Helping research for IRS examinations and gathering details to support client positions
- Putting together tax projections under different income and deduction variables
- Performing substantive testing of assigned balance sheet and/or income statement accounts including cash, fixed assets and accounts payable
- Developing working knowledge of audit preparation software
- Helping with or preparing financial statements, other related reports and the appropriate compilation, review or audit report
- Clearly documenting procedures performed
To qualify for an internship, you must be at least a junior level undergraduate or a graduate student.
Your CPA License
You know getting your CPA license is a big deal. Let us help you do that! You will get time to study and prepare, help with your courses and review materials. Once you pass the exam, you receive a $1,000 bonus. When you’re officially certified, you get a pay increase along with paid memberships in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Entering the workforce is a big deal. When you’re looking for the right job, there’s a lot to think about – pay, flexibility, workload and benefits. Check out our traditional and nontraditional benefits.
What to Expect
If you’re interested in learning more about Henry+Horne and applying for an internship or a job, you can find us on campus. You’ll see us every year at Meet the Firms events at Arizona State University, Grand Canyon University, University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University. Just sign up through ASU’s career link, GCU Career Connections or Handshake to interview with two of our partners.
If we’re not on your campus, you can still apply right now.