For the third year in a row, Arizona Gives Day is approaching April 7, 2015. AGD, which is a collaboration between the Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits and the Arizona Grantmakers Forum, is a 24-hour online giving campaign meant to unite and connect Arizona residents with the not-for-profit community.
Below are highlights from the inaugural Arizona Gives Day campaign (from arizonanonprofits.org):
- 8,584 donors made 11,176 donations on March 20, 2013.
- The campaign raised more than $1 million in March 2013.
- 807 nonprofits signed up for the 2013 campaign; 80% of those organizations received one or more donations.
- Nonprofits raised a median of $395; 25% of nonprofits raised $1,000 or more in one day.
- In a follow-up survey of nonprofits conducted by Arizona Gives Day, 75% of organizations that raised money said they received donations they would not otherwise have received and 77% said they had attracted new donors.
- 33% of organizations registered were small nonprofits (budgets under $250,000 per year).
- Nearly 300 print and broadcast placements statewide, with the Phoenix area alone generating more than 7 million impressions.
- Tucson donors gave almost as many dollars as Phoenix donors – more than twice per capita.
Nonprofits were required to register to participate in AGD back in February 2015, so now it’s time for individuals to get involved. You can log on to www.azgives.org on April 7th to make a donation. Prior to next Tuesday, you can log on to research and learn more about participating nonprofits.
By Jessica Puckett Moulder