The City of Mesa has begun a Tax Amnesty Program running from June 1, 2017 to July 31, 2017. This is the first City Tax Amnesty program offered in the Phoenix Metropolitan area, per the Arizona Republic.
Taxpayers will be allowed to submit delinquent Transaction Privilege (Sales) Tax, Transient Lodging Tax and Use Tax reports without penalty and with a 50% reduction in interest on delinquent balances.
Who is eligible?
- Taxpayers with outstanding tax account receivables.
- Licensed taxpayers with delinquent, unfiled tax returns.
- Unlicensed businesses that are liable for Mesa Businesses Transaction Privilege, Transient Lodging Tax and Use Tax through December 2016.
Who is not eligible?
- Receivables created as the result of an audit will not be eligible for the program due to State of Arizona Audit Administration.
How will it work?
To qualify for tax amnesty, the following items are required on or before July 31, 2017:
- Completed Tax Amnesty application
- Tax Amnesty Self-Reporting form, if applicable
- Copy of Current Accounts Receivable Statement, if applicable
- Tax License Application, if applicable
- Payment in full with Cashier Check or Money Order and payable to City of Mesa
Per the website, completed packet with payment must be received in the City of Mesa Collections office on or before July 31, 2017. Postmarks will not be accepted.
Melinda Nelson, CPA