Lose Your Medicare Card? Want a Social Security Estimate?

Your Guide to State, Local, Federal, Estate + International Taxation

If you are a Medicare beneficiary and you have lost, damaged, or need to replace your Medicare card, you can easily order a replacement Medicare card using an online “my Social Security” account.

If you are still working, use “my Social Security” account to view your yearly Social Security Statement and verify the accuracy of your earnings record and obtain updated estimates of your future Social Security benefits.

A my Social Security account is available at www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.

You’ll want a my Social Security account to:

  • Keep track of your earnings and verify them every year;
  • Get an estimate of your future benefits if you are still working;
  • Get a letter with proof of your benefits if you currently receive them; and
  • Manage your benefits:
  • Change your address;
  • Start or change your direct deposit;
  • Get a replacement Medicare card; and
  • Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.

Setting up an account is quick, secure, and easy. Join the millions and create an account now.

By Melinda Nelson, CPA