For an organization to be recognized as a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, it is generally required to submit Form 1023 to the IRS. Form 1023 is a 28 page, time intensive form that may be difficult to complete for many … read more
Tax exempt entities can lose their tax exempt status with the IRS if they are involved in private inurement which applies to exemptions under 501c3, 4, 6 and 7. It basically means that insiders can’t personally benefit in any way … read more
I have had a few people mention that they have clients or executive directors who balk at the idea of having their compensation reported on the Form 990 as it is a public document. I have also heard of more … read more
As we discussed last Tuesday in The I.R.S. is Ready, Part I, The I.R.S. is now ready to test compliance with their new rules regarding the new 990 and other related issues facing not-for-profit organizations. The Tax Exempt and Governmental … read more
The non-profit world is all up in arms over the May 17th filing deadline and the 990-N. News stories abound trying to convince all non-profits, regardless of the size, to be sure that they have filed their 990 (in whatever … read more
I loved the IRS’s provided “drop in media”, which displays your tax return being crumpled and thrown in the garbage. Their portrayal isn’t far from what happens if you don’t file your 990 – you are in effect throwing away … read more
Our Not-For-Profit niche is a strong team of experienced professionals who focus their work in the not-for-profit industry. Henry & Horne has been a stable local firm in Arizona for 55 years, and the Not-For-Profit niche has a long history of working with charitable organizations and other tax exempt organizations of all kinds. Our focus is exceptional client service and building relationships with our clients to promote communication throughout the year, not just at the time of the annual audit. We highly value and are very proud to be helping those who help others.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Changes for Single Audit Submission
- Team Members Volunteer with ICAN
- Exempt Organizations and Sales Tax
- Determining Level of Investments for Disclosure Purposes
- Employees Donate School Supplies to At Risk Youth
- Henry & Horne, LLP Team Members Get Creative and Volunteer at Ryan House
- Henry & Horne, LLP Team Members Volunteer at Ronald McDonald House
- What is the Difference Between Donor-Advised Funds and Restricted Donations?
- Best Nonprofits to Work For: 2014 Study
- IRS Creates1023-EZ Streamlined Application for Tax Exempt Status