A recent tax court case brought attention to the fact that adequate documentation is required for out-of-pocket expenses incurred while performing volunteer activities for a charitable organization. A volunteer (we’ll call her Hazel) was housing 70 to 80 cats in … read more
The Internal Revenue Service recently announced that approximately 275,000 organizations under the law have automatically lost their tax-exempt status due to a failure to file legally required annual reports for three consecutive years. The IRS believes that many of these … read more
Our Not-For-Profit niche is a strong team of experienced professionals who focus their work in the not-for-profit industry. Henry & Horne has been a stable local firm in Arizona for 55 years, and the Not-For-Profit niche has a long history of working with charitable organizations and other tax exempt organizations of all kinds. Our focus is exceptional client service and building relationships with our clients to promote communication throughout the year, not just at the time of the annual audit. We highly value and are very proud to be helping those who help others.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Henry & Horne September Community Service
- Who Will the IRS Choose for Form 990 Audits?
- Creating an Error-Free Budget
- Everything You Need to Know: Gifts In-Kind
- What Your Schedule A Says About You
- Heads Up on Form 1099-MISC
- 2016 Annual Giving USA Report Released
- Charity Navigator Launches CN 2.1
- What Percent Should Charities Spend on Their Mission?
- Ethical Fundraising Practices