non-profit board member
I recently read some interesting information on BoardSource (boardsource.org) about issues with non-profit organizations not using their boards to their fullest potential.As auditors, we see a wide variety of board member involvement. Some are very hands on, and, unfortunately, some … read more
Best Practices was a buzz phrase that became a reality for nonprofit organizations. Jessica’s article highlights the importance of these practices and is an excellent summary of the practices that should be in place, as a minimum. Kathy Hostetler, CPA … read more
Our Not-For-Profit niche is a strong team of experienced professionals who focus their work in the not-for-profit industry. Henry & Horne has been a stable local firm in Arizona for 55 years, and the Not-For-Profit niche has a long history of working with charitable organizations and other tax exempt organizations of all kinds. Our focus is exceptional client service and building relationships with our clients to promote communication throughout the year, not just at the time of the annual audit. We highly value and are very proud to be helping those who help others.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Releasing or Modifying Permanently Restricted Contributions – Is this Allowable?
- Use Your 990 as a Marketing Tool
- June Community Event a Huge Success!
- Is It Time for You to Implement a Social Media Policy?
- Cancer Charity Fraud Part I
- IRS Filing Calendar for Raffles
- Conflict of Interest Policy: Financial Statements & Form 990
- How to Properly Record Petty Cash
- Touchdown or Fumble? NFL Gives Up Tax Exempt Status
- Arizona Gives Day Results