Beginning with the Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) took a leading role in single audits. Single audits are required of any organization who expends more than $500,000 in federal assistance during the … read more
It is a known fact that audit committees are an essential component in corporate governance. The public has been increasingly focused on oversight and governance issues since the Enron scandal. However these issues aren’t just for the “for-profit” industry. It … read more
I recently read some interesting information on BoardSource (boardsource.org) about issues with non-profit organizations not using their boards to their fullest potential.As auditors, we see a wide variety of board member involvement. Some are very hands on, and, unfortunately, some … read more
Our Not-For-Profit niche is a strong team of experienced professionals who focus their work in the not-for-profit industry. Henry & Horne has been a stable local firm in Arizona for 55 years, and the Not-For-Profit niche has a long history of working with charitable organizations and other tax exempt organizations of all kinds. Our focus is exceptional client service and building relationships with our clients to promote communication throughout the year, not just at the time of the annual audit. We highly value and are very proud to be helping those who help others.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Involvement of Nonprofit Board of Directors
- Internal Control Policies Reported on the 990
- Why Your Nonprofit Needs a Mobile Site
- Accounting for Joint Activities
- Annual Giving USA Report Released
- What Percent of My Donation Goes to the Cause of the Organization?
- Developing Diverse Funding Sources
- Complimentary Not-For-Profit CPE Offered by Henry & Horne, LLP
- Releasing or Modifying Permanently Restricted Contributions – Is this Allowable?
- Use Your 990 as a Marketing Tool