H&H Participates in TCAA’s 2009 Empty Bowls FundraiserPosted on March 17 2009 by admin
There is no denying how great the weather is in Arizona this time of year. Recently, Kathy Hostetler, Sharlynn Garza, and I spent a gorgeous afternoon outdoors at 6th Street Park for Tempe Community Action Agency’s Empty Bowls fundraiser. This was the eighth year TCAA has done this event, and we really enjoyed being a part of it.
Empty Bowls works like this: A donation to TCAA allows you to pick out a bowl of your choice, which is filled with soup. This meal represents the only thing many people in the world are afforded to eat each day. This year’s Empty Bowls event was quite a success for TCAA – they raised over $15,000 for their organization and the United Food Bank.
We spent a good amount of time browsing through the tables of bowls donated by local artists and students. There were so many! Kathy just couldn’t decide on which one she wanted until one of the TCAA volunteers pointed out that she could pick out more than one. Problem solved! Kathy ended up with three pieces, and Sharlynn and I left with one great bowl each. There was live entertainment in the park as well. It was a great way to spend the afternoon outside in the sun and support one of our favorite clients at the same time.
Jessica Puckett, CPA
Our Not-For-Profit niche is a strong team of experienced professionals who focus their work in the not-for-profit industry. Henry & Horne has been a stable local firm in Arizona for 55 years, and the Not-For-Profit niche has a long history of working with charitable organizations and other tax exempt organizations of all kinds. Our focus is exceptional client service and building relationships with our clients to promote communication throughout the year, not just at the time of the annual audit. We highly value and are very proud to be helping those who help others.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- How and When to Dispose of Fixed Assets
- 2013 Data Collection Form is Being Revised
- Tips for Good Governance of a Not-for-Profit Organization
- 10 Things to Know When You Have a PAC (Political Organization)
- Allocating Expenses – Make the Process Easier
- The Importance of A Conflict of Interest Policy
- Best Practices for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Non-profit Mergers vs. Acquisitions, the Basics, Part 2
- Non-profit Mergers vs. Acquisitions, the Basics, Part 1
- ACC Annual Report – Annual Reminder Emails Now Available