ARTrageous GalaPosted on December 14 2010 by admin
Last Saturday, I attended a fabulous event put on by the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, the annual ARTrageous Gala. After a cocktail reception and silent auction, we sat down to a delicious gourmet meal. That was followed by the highlight of the event- the performance by Audra McDonald in the beautiful, recently renovated Virginia G. Piper Theater. Ms. McDonald is a four-time Tony award winner and amazing singer! She entertained us with her beautiful voice, singing Broadway songs and informing us with interesting tidbits about each composer. Her friendly personality on stage and stories about her past experiences were an added plus to the evening.
The Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts, along with the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art and the Scottsdale Public Art program, are managed by Scottsdale Cultural Council (SCC) through a contract with the City of Scottsdale. SCC makes the arts an integral part of the Scottsdale experience by offering opportunities for residents and visitors to experience the highest quality in performing and visual arts. You can check out upcoming performances at www.scottsdaleperformingarts.org and museum exhibitions at www.smoca.org.
By Colette Kamps, CPA
Our Not-For-Profit niche is a strong team of experienced professionals who focus their work in the not-for-profit industry. Henry & Horne has been a stable local firm in Arizona for 55 years, and the Not-For-Profit niche has a long history of working with charitable organizations and other tax exempt organizations of all kinds. Our focus is exceptional client service and building relationships with our clients to promote communication throughout the year, not just at the time of the annual audit. We highly value and are very proud to be helping those who help others.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Exempt Organizations and Sales Tax
- Determining Level of Investments for Disclosure Purposes
- Employees Donate School Supplies to At Risk Youth
- Henry & Horne, LLP Team Members Get Creative and Volunteer at Ryan House
- Henry & Horne, LLP Team Members Volunteer at Ronald McDonald House
- What is the Difference Between Donor-Advised Funds and Restricted Donations?
- Best Nonprofits to Work For: 2014 Study
- IRS Creates1023-EZ Streamlined Application for Tax Exempt Status
- H&H Employees Let the Dogs Out
- H&H Team Members Hike for Hunger