Do you have overdue taxes owed to the State of Arizona? If so, you have a great opportunity to settle your tax bill at the lowest possible cost. The Arizona Department of Revenue has unveiled The Arizona Tax Recovery Program … read more
Our beautiful state seems to be under siege from wildfires gone crazy. The only silver lining we can possibly find is that the Arizona Department of Revenue issued a press release on June 21, 2011, granting relief to taxpayers. Here … read more
If you have a foreign partner in your partnership, you may need to pay a withholding tax on that partner. A partnership that has income effectively connected with a U.S. trade or business is required to pay a withholding tax … read more
Generally, a nonresident individual performing services in the US is subject to a thirty percent withholding tax on those earnings. If exempt from part or all of this withholding tax under a tax treaty, the individual can fill out Form … read more
The depressed value of US real estate and the devaluation of the US dollar have created an attractive market for foreign investors seeking real estate bargains. Some look to make a quick profit by “flipping” the real estate while others … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Education Expenses Overwhelming? Try the Lifetime Learning Credit
- Arizona Education Tax Credits
- Reminder that Unclaimed Property Report is Due November 1
- Going to School? Get a Break with the American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Student Loan Interest: Can Tax Law Keep Up?
- You’re the Lucky Winner! Well, Sort of. Taxation of Prizes and Awards
- London Embassy Makes Applying for an ITIN a Little Easier
- Taxes and International Boycott Operations
- Record Retention: When to Hold ‘Em and When to Fold ‘Em
- Received a Notice from the IRS or a State…Now What?