The IRS has come out with some Pre-Tax season tips to help taxpayers avoid being caught by surprise by not having enough income tax withheld from their paycheck(s). Imagine, you’ve just booked your airfare and hotel accommodations for the perfect … read more
It’s not too late to adjust your 2012 tax withholding to avoid big tax refunds or tax bills when you file your tax return next year. You should act soon to adjust your tax withholding to bring the taxes you … read more
“Mom, I have a job!” That is music to any parent’s ears when their teenager announces this with such excitement and glee. As a CPA, I also looked upon this as way for my children to learn about the tax … read more
Are you thinking of getting married in 2012? Income taxes for most newly married couples are the last thing on their minds. The overall reality is that in most cases this is going to cause problems of newlywed aggravation. In … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- How to Make Your Tax Payments to the IRS Online
- The IRS is NOT Issuing Arrest Warrants
- Dodging the Ice Bucket Challenge for a Charitable Contribution?
- When Mortgage Interest May Not be Deductible
- Change to One IRA Rollover Per Year Rule
- IRS Limits Direct Deposits to Combat Refund Fraud
- Tips for Gambling Income and Losses
- Don’t Lose Your Deduction: Substantiating Vehicle Use
- What is a “myRA” Account?
- Going to the Chapel… Wedding Tax Tips