Governor Jan Brewer Signs Bill for 2-Year Unemployment "Special Assessment" Tax Increase on Employers
Arizona employers face a temporary tax increase in 2011 and 2012 to help Arizona repay loans provided by the federal government to pay for unemployment benefits. House Bill 2619 signed April 25, 2011 by Gov. Jan Brewer authorizes the Department … read more
Over recent year over four million workers lost their jobs in the U.S. For American workers who lost their livelihood, various tax provisions can help soften the blow and assist with the transition to new employment. Please tell your family … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Intergovernmental Agreements
- New FATCA FAQs Released
- Your New Job: Filling Out Your W-4 and State Equivalent
- Forming a Partnership – Considerations When Creating an LLC as a Partnership
- You Need to File an Amended Return: Now What?
- HR May Need to Work Overtime for New Overtime Rule
- Clawback Compensation and Section 1341
- History of E-File
- Tax Season: Overheard in the Hallways
- UK Double Taxation Relief for the U.S. LLC