Recently the IRS came out urging taxpayers to avoid becoming victims of tax scams. The IRS has noted an increase in tax-return-related scams lately. These scams usually involve taxpayers who normally do not have to file a return, but are … read more
Once again, I am teaching VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) volunteers the fun and frustration of tax law. Well, that statement may be a bit ambitious – I am teaching the test that volunteers are required to pass (with a … read more
Quickbooks is the primary accounting software used by most small businesses, and is a wonderful tool for getting your information ready for tax preparation each year. Some small business owners find Quickbooks very easy to use, while others struggle with … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- How You Can Get Prior Year Tax Information from the IRS
- Parents and Students: Check Out College Tax Benefits
- Tax Guidelines for Children Who Have Investment Income
- IRS Warns Donors about Charity Scams Following Recent Tragedies in Boston and Texas
- California Waives the Mandatory E-Pay Penalty for 4.15.2013 Payments
- Eight Facts on Late Filing and Late Payment Penalties
- Arizona TPT Tax Rate is Going Down Effective June 1, 2013
- The Potential Impact of Health Care Reform on Small Employers & the Labor Market
- Beware of Bogus IRS Emails
- A “Corporation Sole” Sometimes Formed by those Lacking an Honest Soul