Even as the tax code becomes increasingly complex, more and more Americans are preparing their own tax returns. A recent survey conducted by BMO Harris Financial Advisors found that nearly 48% of Americans prepare their own tax returns. Eighty-three percent … read more
IRS has announced that it will be making a number of taxpayer service changes for the 2014 filing season to reflect available resources and shifting taxpayer demands. The changes will reflect a cutback of live assistance in favor of more … read more
Recently the IRS came out urging taxpayers to avoid becoming victims of tax scams. The IRS has noted an increase in tax-return-related scams lately. These scams usually involve taxpayers who normally do not have to file a return, but are … read more
Once again, I am teaching VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) volunteers the fun and frustration of tax law. Well, that statement may be a bit ambitious – I am teaching the test that volunteers are required to pass (with a … read more
Quickbooks is the primary accounting software used by most small businesses, and is a wonderful tool for getting your information ready for tax preparation each year. Some small business owners find Quickbooks very easy to use, while others struggle with … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Exemption Due to Marketplace 1095-A Error
- IRS Marks National Military Appreciation Month
- Tax Benefits of Hiring Children to Work in the Family Business
- ADOR Provides Additional Guidance on Prime Contracting Classification
- Benefits of a 529 Plan for Arizona Taxpayers
- Bill Passed to Enhance College Tuition Plans
- AZ Expands School Tuition Organization Credit to S Corps
- Did You Participate in an Employee Stock Option or Stock Purchase Plan?
- Mid-Year Premium Tax Credit Checkup
- Here We Go Again – The Death Tax Repeal Act of 2015