Are you interested or considering investing in gold? It is important to be aware of the potential downfalls of this type of investment. Ordinarily, the price of gold is subject to extreme price fluctuations and be adversely affected by the … read more
Each year, you can gift up to $13,000 per donee (that is the person receiving the gift), before the gift is considered taxable. Married couples can gift double this amount, $26,000 per donee. Gifts of community property are considered as … read more
The virtual meltdown of the stock market in 2008 created a unique problem for many older taxpayers. Generally, their IRAs, as well as their 401(k) and 403(b) plans and other employer-provided, defined contribution retirement plans are subject to required minimum … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Simple Arizona Tax Credit Opportunities
- IRS Raises Tangible Property Expensing Threshold to $2,500
- Exemption for Estate and Gift Tax Rises to $5,450,000 in 2016
- Charity Auction Tax Deductions
- The Proper Way to Report Business Charitable Deductions
- Arizona Unemployment Tax Changes
- Are You Ready to File 1095-B & 1095-C?
- Bipartisan Budget Bill 2015: Major Change to Social Security
- IRS Lost Computers & Bungled Windows Update
- Stopping the Bleeding…California MyFTB being Upgraded