The Internal Revenue Service has announced its 2014 inflation adjustments for various tax provisions, tax rate schedules and other tax changes. Listed below are the 2014 rates for items of the greatest interest to most taxpayers. • The tax rate of … read more
The U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service ruled on 8/29/13 that same-sex couples legally married in jurisdictions that recognize their marriages will be treated as married for federal tax purposes. The ruling applies regardless of whether … read more
You did it! You survived filing your tax return and the deadline has passed. Don’t wait until next January to start thinking about your taxes though. There are many steps you can take now that will help you come next … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Education Expenses Overwhelming? Try the Lifetime Learning Credit
- Arizona Education Tax Credits
- Reminder that Unclaimed Property Report is Due November 1
- Going to School? Get a Break with the American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Student Loan Interest: Can Tax Law Keep Up?
- You’re the Lucky Winner! Well, Sort of. Taxation of Prizes and Awards
- London Embassy Makes Applying for an ITIN a Little Easier
- Taxes and International Boycott Operations
- Record Retention: When to Hold ‘Em and When to Fold ‘Em
- Received a Notice from the IRS or a State…Now What?