The Internal Revenue Service has announced its 2014 inflation adjustments for various tax provisions, tax rate schedules and other tax changes. Listed below are the 2014 rates for items of the greatest interest to most taxpayers. • The tax rate of … read more
The U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service ruled on 8/29/13 that same-sex couples legally married in jurisdictions that recognize their marriages will be treated as married for federal tax purposes. The ruling applies regardless of whether … read more
You did it! You survived filing your tax return and the deadline has passed. Don’t wait until next January to start thinking about your taxes though. There are many steps you can take now that will help you come next … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Pushing for Tax Reform – Permanence of Tax Legislation
- 2015 Mobile Workforce Bill Still Mobile
- Inherited Savings Bonds – What Do You Need to Know?
- A Special Tax Break for Songwriters
- Foreign Pensions from a U.S. Tax Perspective
- IRS “Get Transcript” Fiasco Gets Worse
- Pushing for Tax Reform – Retirement Plans
- Overpaying the Affordable Care Act Individual Mandate
- Mid-Year Tax Planning Strategies
- The Federal Tip Credit: An Overlooked Tax Benefit for Restaurant Owners