If you have a small business like a sole proprietorship or you are an independent contractor, or you operate as Single Member LLC, you generally would consider yourself to be a self-employed. For tax purposes, you must file IRS Schedule … read more
The IRS FBAR and Title 31 Helpline connects practitioners and filers, both domestic and abroad, with a team of specially trained technicians, examiners and specialists to answer technical Title 31 questions To reach the FBAR and Title 31 Helpline, dial: … read more
Beware of the single member LLC (SMLLC) rules of California…even if you have a net LOSS. If you are a SMLLC doing business in California, you happen to fall into a small category of certain filing requirements. As a SMLLC, … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- A Special Tax Break for Songwriters
- Foreign Pensions from a U.S. Tax Perspective
- IRS “Get Transcript” Fiasco Gets Worse
- Pushing for Tax Reform – Retirement Plans
- Overpaying the Affordable Care Act Individual Mandate
- Mid-Year Tax Planning Strategies
- The Federal Tip Credit: An Overlooked Tax Benefit for Restaurant Owners
- AZ Releases New Form 290 Request for Penalty Abatement
- Plan B for Paying Your Taxes When You’re Short on Cash
- New Due Dates for Tax Returns – How Does This Affect You?