If you have a small business like a sole proprietorship or you are an independent contractor, or you operate as Single Member LLC, you generally would consider yourself to be a self-employed. For tax purposes, you must file IRS Schedule … read more
The IRS FBAR and Title 31 Helpline connects practitioners and filers, both domestic and abroad, with a team of specially trained technicians, examiners and specialists to answer technical Title 31 questions To reach the FBAR and Title 31 Helpline, dial: … read more
Beware of the single member LLC (SMLLC) rules of California…even if you have a net LOSS. If you are a SMLLC doing business in California, you happen to fall into a small category of certain filing requirements. As a SMLLC, … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Apply Early if You Need a Hardship Exemption from Obamacare
- No Health Coverage? How to Know if You Qualify for an Exemption
- Don’t Pay Obamacare Penalty: Plans that Count as Health Coverage
- Coming Oh, So Soon: The Obamacare Penalty Fee
- Look Now to Avoid a Tax Surprise Later
- How to Deal with Net Investment Income Tax
- 2014 Arizona Tax Credits
- IRS Announces Leave-Based Donation Program for Ebola Relief
- 2015 Inflation-Adjusted Figures for Transfer Tax and Foreign Items
- Like-Kind Exchange – Use of Qualified Intermediary