With the increase, for some taxpayers, of the capital gains rates in 2013, a discussion of that means can be important. The term “capital asset” for tax purposes applies to almost everything you own and use for personal or investment … read more
On my last official night of VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) volunteer teaching, I brought in treats. Popcorn treats. It was most assuredly the highlight of the evening. It was on a night when it had been pouring rain here … read more
IRS is taking a closer look at these schedules and taxpayers should take note. Failure to follow IRS schedule D instructions to the letter, could result in you receiving a letter from them along with their proposal to materially increase … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Beware of Kiddie Tax – Part II
- Beware of Kiddie Tax – Part I
- Simplified Method for Home Office Deduction
- IRS Responds to Identity Theft
- Recent Gift (on or after June 17, 2008) from an Expatriate?
- IRS Taxpayer Advocate Employee Charged with ID Theft
- Make Your CPA Fall in Love During Tax Season
- Interesting Tax Deductions
- Why Did I Get this Form 1095? New ACA Info Statements
- New 529 Account Rules Passed with Extender Provisions