With the increase, for some taxpayers, of the capital gains rates in 2013, a discussion of that means can be important. The term “capital asset” for tax purposes applies to almost everything you own and use for personal or investment … read more
On my last official night of VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) volunteer teaching, I brought in treats. Popcorn treats. It was most assuredly the highlight of the evening. It was on a night when it had been pouring rain here … read more
IRS is taking a closer look at these schedules and taxpayers should take note. Failure to follow IRS schedule D instructions to the letter, could result in you receiving a letter from them along with their proposal to materially increase … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- How to Make Your Tax Payments to the IRS Online
- The IRS is NOT Issuing Arrest Warrants
- Dodging the Ice Bucket Challenge for a Charitable Contribution?
- When Mortgage Interest May Not be Deductible
- Change to One IRA Rollover Per Year Rule
- IRS Limits Direct Deposits to Combat Refund Fraud
- Tips for Gambling Income and Losses
- Don’t Lose Your Deduction: Substantiating Vehicle Use
- What is a “myRA” Account?
- Going to the Chapel… Wedding Tax Tips