Governor Jan Brewer Signs Bill for 2-Year Unemployment "Special Assessment" Tax Increase on Employers
Arizona employers face a temporary tax increase in 2011 and 2012 to help Arizona repay loans provided by the federal government to pay for unemployment benefits. House Bill 2619 signed April 25, 2011 by Gov. Jan Brewer authorizes the Department … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Simple Arizona Tax Credit Opportunities
- IRS Raises Tangible Property Expensing Threshold to $2,500
- Exemption for Estate and Gift Tax Rises to $5,450,000 in 2016
- Charity Auction Tax Deductions
- The Proper Way to Report Business Charitable Deductions
- Arizona Unemployment Tax Changes
- Are You Ready to File 1095-B & 1095-C?
- Bipartisan Budget Bill 2015: Major Change to Social Security
- IRS Lost Computers & Bungled Windows Update
- Stopping the Bleeding…California MyFTB being Upgraded