power of attorney
You get a letter from the Internal Revenue Service and right away you don’t have a very good feeling about it. You open it up, read it, and then panic hits. You owe them $10,000! No. Fortunately, it doesn’t tell … read more
In our practice, we often advise and assist surviving spouses. A recent communication from the IRS illustrates how a surviving spouse cannot file an amended return with her deceased husband. The wife and her husband had timely filed a joint … read more
Have you ever received an IRS notice that seemed to have a simple explanation? Have you ever tried to simply call the IRS to explain what they needed to understand to make the issue go away? Well, trying to reach … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Your New Job: Filling Out Your W-4 and State Equivalent
- Forming a Partnership – Considerations When Creating an LLC as a Partnership
- You Need to File an Amended Return: Now What?
- HR May Need to Work Overtime for New Overtime Rule
- Clawback Compensation and Section 1341
- History of E-File
- Tax Season: Overheard in the Hallways
- UK Double Taxation Relief for the U.S. LLC
- BEA Survey Requirements
- Need to Make a Tax Payment? Go to Your Local 7-Eleven