power of attorney
In our practice, we often advise and assist surviving spouses. A recent communication from the IRS illustrates how a surviving spouse cannot file an amended return with her deceased husband. The wife and her husband had timely filed a joint … read more
Have you ever received an IRS notice that seemed to have a simple explanation? Have you ever tried to simply call the IRS to explain what they needed to understand to make the issue go away? Well, trying to reach … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- No Health Coverage? How to Know if You Qualify for an Exemption
- Don’t Pay Obamacare Penalty: Plans that Count as Health Coverage
- Coming Oh, So Soon: The Obamacare Penalty Fee
- Look Now to Avoid a Tax Surprise Later
- How to Deal with Net Investment Income Tax
- 2014 Arizona Tax Credits
- IRS Announces Leave-Based Donation Program for Ebola Relief
- 2015 Inflation-Adjusted Figures for Transfer Tax and Foreign Items
- Like-Kind Exchange – Use of Qualified Intermediary
- Education Expenses Overwhelming? Try the Lifetime Learning Credit