power of attorney
You get a letter from the Internal Revenue Service and right away you don’t have a very good feeling about it. You open it up, read it, and then panic hits. You owe them $10,000! No. Fortunately, it doesn’t tell … read more
In our practice, we often advise and assist surviving spouses. A recent communication from the IRS illustrates how a surviving spouse cannot file an amended return with her deceased husband. The wife and her husband had timely filed a joint … read more
Have you ever received an IRS notice that seemed to have a simple explanation? Have you ever tried to simply call the IRS to explain what they needed to understand to make the issue go away? Well, trying to reach … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- IRS: No More Estate Tax Closing Letters…Unless You Ask
- Pushing for Tax Reform – Civil Tax Penalties
- Tax Implications of Marriage on Your Filing Status
- Where Did Your Tax Dollars Go?
- IRS Regulations Proposed for ABLE Act
- The Tax Benefits of Hiring Your Kids
- I Received a “B Notice” from the IRS – What Do I Do?
- I have a Net Operating Loss, Do I Need to Worry about AMT?
- Tax Deduction for Hosting a Foreign Student
- If You Move, Let the IRS Know