There is an “above-the-line” deduction for health insurance premiums for those that are considered self-employed. (By the way, this is self-employed as defined by the IRS, not by mortgage brokers, who appear to have a different definition.) The deduction is … read more
We will continue our discussion on the other three provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act effective in 2013. In Part I, we discussed the increase in the Medicare tax on high-income taxpayers. Here we will be discussing … read more
Now that the Supreme Court has ruled that the Health Care Act (now known as the Affordable Care Act) has been declared constitutional except for the part that punishes states by eliminating existing Medicaid funding, we can begin to look … read more
Since I will be turning 65 in September, I will not be eligible to participate in my employer’s Health Savings Account effective September 1st. Therefore, I need to sign up for Medicare to provide my medical insurance coverage. It is … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Simplified Method for Home Office Deduction
- IRS Responds to Identity Theft
- Recent Gift (on or after June 17, 2008) from an Expatriate?
- IRS Taxpayer Advocate Employee Charged with ID Theft
- Make Your CPA Fall in Love During Tax Season
- Interesting Tax Deductions
- Why Did I Get this Form 1095? New ACA Info Statements
- New 529 Account Rules Passed with Extender Provisions
- It’s About Time! R&D Tax Credit Now Permanent
- New Tax Penalty Rules Passed with 2015 Extender Provisions