married filing separately
Did you know that just because you are married does not mean you have to file a joint tax return? For the most part it makes sense to file together, but there are circumstances when it can actually be beneficial … read more
Are you thinking of getting married in 2012? Income taxes for most newly married couples are the last thing on their minds. The overall reality is that in most cases this is going to cause problems of newlywed aggravation. In … read more
How should you file—single, joint, or married filing separately—during the pendency of your divorce/separation proceedings? Your filing status for federal income tax purposes depends on your marital status, which is determined under state law. If, as of the end of … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Credit for Taxes Paid to Another State or Country
- Don’t Mess with the IRS – Their Budget Includes Guns
- MySocialSecurity Website Ups Its Security Protocol
- IP PIN Tool Returns to IRS Website
- Scammers Impersonating IRS to get Your Money
- What Beneficiaries Need to know for Form 8971
- What Executors Need to Know for Form 8971
- Will this Estate Planning Loophole be Closed?
- The Economic Cost of Tax Compliance
- What’s at Stake in Battle of Intel vs. IRS?