married filing separately
Did you know that just because you are married does not mean you have to file a joint tax return? For the most part it makes sense to file together, but there are circumstances when it can actually be beneficial … read more
Are you thinking of getting married in 2012? Income taxes for most newly married couples are the last thing on their minds. The overall reality is that in most cases this is going to cause problems of newlywed aggravation. In … read more
How should you file—single, joint, or married filing separately—during the pendency of your divorce/separation proceedings? Your filing status for federal income tax purposes depends on your marital status, which is determined under state law. If, as of the end of … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- The IRS Levy or How to Ruin an Evening
- Roth IRA Contributions for a High-Income Couple
- Five Depreciation Tips for Year-End Tax Planning
- Trust Taxation in 2013 – A Potential New Paradigm
- Foreign Gift Reporting Requirements
- Relaxing the “Use it or Lose it” Rule for Flexible Spending Accounts
- Correspondence Audit Selection Process
- Don’t Miss Out on Taking Your 2013 Arizona State Tax Credits!
- The Evolving Affordable Care Act – Health Insurance
- Various Tax Benefits Increase Due to Inflation Adjustments for 2014