income tax returns
Starting in 2011, those taxpayers with foreign bank accounts and/or direct holders of foreign investments will have to file another informational tax form. This Form will be attached to their Form 1040, and does not replace the FBAR Form that … read more
On February 8, 2011, the IRS announced a second special voluntary disclosure initiative called the 2011 Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative (OVDI) which will be available through Aug. 31, 2011. It will give taxpayers with undisclosed income from hidden offshore accounts … read more
On April 14, 2011, President Obama signed the Comprehensive 1099 Taxpayer Protection and Repayment of Exchange Subsidy Overpayments Act of 2011. The act repeals expansion of Form 1099 reporting under 2010’s Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and Small Business … read more
Beginning January 1, 2011, paid tax return preparers who prepare income tax returns for individuals, trusts and estates, such as Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, and Form 1041, and who reasonably expect to file 100 or more of these income tax … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Can Spouses Help each Other Lower Their Self Employment Tax?
- Temporary Regulations Provide Guidance on Form 5471
- New Like-Kind Exchange Reporting Required for California (IRC 1031)
- Survey Suggests Taxpayers are Overconfident in Their Tax Prep Skills
- Timing Rules for SEPs and SIMPLE-IRAs Part II
- Timing Rules for SEPs and SIMPLE-IRAs Part I
- Are You an Identity Theft Victim?
- Supreme Court Decides Severance Pay is Subject to FICA Tax
- Mamma Mia! Who Can Deduct That?
- IRS Releases New Requirements to Claim the Earned Income Tax Credit