Beware of the single member LLC (SMLLC) rules of California…even if you have a net LOSS. If you are a SMLLC doing business in California, you happen to fall into a small category of certain filing requirements. As a SMLLC, … read more
Year after year nearly all of us go through the process of filing a Tax Return. For some it can raise questions about whether they are a dependent or not? And then there are other questions about exemptions and filing … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Temporary Regulations Provide Guidance on Form 5471
- New Like-Kind Exchange Reporting Required for California (IRC 1031)
- Survey Suggests Taxpayers are Overconfident in Their Tax Prep Skills
- Timing Rules for SEPs and SIMPLE-IRAs Part II
- Timing Rules for SEPs and SIMPLE-IRAs Part I
- Are You an Identity Theft Victim?
- Supreme Court Decides Severance Pay is Subject to FICA Tax
- Mamma Mia! Who Can Deduct That?
- IRS Releases New Requirements to Claim the Earned Income Tax Credit
- AMT Facts with Exemption Amounts Updated