The American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning tax credits were created to subsidize the cost of college education. Generally, the credits are based on qualified costs of education, namely, college tuition and fees, books, supplies and equipment. Those qualified costs must … read more
The IRS released additional information on Monday, January 28 about further delays in 2012 tax return processing. The IRS released a list of 30 forms that cannot be filed on the January 30th date which is the date when IRS … read more
Over recent year over four million workers lost their jobs in the U.S. For American workers who lost their livelihood, various tax provisions can help soften the blow and assist with the transition to new employment. Please tell your family … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- How to Make Your Tax Payments to the IRS Online
- The IRS is NOT Issuing Arrest Warrants
- Dodging the Ice Bucket Challenge for a Charitable Contribution?
- When Mortgage Interest May Not be Deductible
- Change to One IRA Rollover Per Year Rule
- IRS Limits Direct Deposits to Combat Refund Fraud
- Tips for Gambling Income and Losses
- Don’t Lose Your Deduction: Substantiating Vehicle Use
- What is a “myRA” Account?
- Going to the Chapel… Wedding Tax Tips