If you, your spouse, or dependents are currently attending or planning to attend college, you may be able to claim the Lifetime Learning Credit to help offset the cost. Just remember that you cannot claim both the Lifetime Learning Credit … read more
The American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning tax credits were created to subsidize the cost of college education. Generally, the credits are based on qualified costs of education, namely, college tuition and fees, books, supplies and equipment. Those qualified costs must … read more
The IRS released additional information on Monday, January 28 about further delays in 2012 tax return processing. The IRS released a list of 30 forms that cannot be filed on the January 30th date which is the date when IRS … read more
Over recent year over four million workers lost their jobs in the U.S. For American workers who lost their livelihood, various tax provisions can help soften the blow and assist with the transition to new employment. Please tell your family … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Education Expenses Overwhelming? Try the Lifetime Learning Credit
- Arizona Education Tax Credits
- Reminder that Unclaimed Property Report is Due November 1
- Going to School? Get a Break with the American Opportunity Tax Credit
- Student Loan Interest: Can Tax Law Keep Up?
- You’re the Lucky Winner! Well, Sort of. Taxation of Prizes and Awards
- London Embassy Makes Applying for an ITIN a Little Easier
- Taxes and International Boycott Operations
- Record Retention: When to Hold ‘Em and When to Fold ‘Em
- Received a Notice from the IRS or a State…Now What?