Donor advised funds allow a taxpayer to put money in diversified investments, take an immediate charitable deduction and recommend where grants should go later. Mutual funds, such as Vanguard and Fidelity, local community foundations, universities and other organizations operate such … read more
For individuals who have already used up their lifetime exemption (i.e. made a million dollars of gifts), they may want to consider making taxable gifts in 2010. 2010 presents unique planning opportunities. Values of assets, particularly real estate and family … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Going Nowhere FAST if You Owe Taxes
- Happy (for Some) 100th Anniversary to the Estate Tax
- What Prince’s Death Teaches Us about Estate Tax
- Trusts: Fully Deductible Expenses vs AGI Limit
- Bonus Depreciation Changes
- Amounts Raised for Two Arizona Tax Credits
- Lose Your Medicare Card? Want a Social Security Estimate?
- Internet Sales Can Be Taxing
- Intergovernmental Agreements
- New FATCA FAQs Released