Are you tired of spending hours figuring out how much you can deduct for your home office? Good news for you as the Internal Revenue Service announced a simplified option that many owners of home-based businesses and some home-based workers … read more
On June 23, 2011, the Internal Revenue Service announced an increase in the optional standard mileage rates for the final six months of 2011. Taxpayers may use the optional standard rates to calculate the deductible costs of operating an automobile … read more
Many employees are now telecommuting rather than traveling to work every day. With the rapid growth of technology, telecommuting is becoming more and more accessible. Telecommuting can free up office space, save on commuting costs, and provide employees with more … read more
It is especially important in tough economic times like these that we help others. One great way to help is to contribute property that you no longer need or use to a qualified charitable organization. Generally, the amount of the … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Claiming the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit
- Tax Rules on Early Withdrawals from Retirement Plans
- How You Can Get Prior Year Tax Information from the IRS
- Parents and Students: Check Out College Tax Benefits
- Tax Guidelines for Children Who Have Investment Income
- IRS Warns Donors about Charity Scams Following Recent Tragedies in Boston and Texas
- California Waives the Mandatory E-Pay Penalty for 4.15.2013 Payments
- Eight Facts on Late Filing and Late Payment Penalties
- Arizona TPT Tax Rate is Going Down Effective June 1, 2013
- The Potential Impact of Health Care Reform on Small Employers & the Labor Market