Your kids can be helpful all year round – doing chores such as making their beds and washing dishes. They can also be helpful at tax time. That does not mean that they can sort your charitable receipts – though … read more
I recently spent an afternoon in the emergency room with my youngest son, who had an allergic reaction to penicillin. He swelled up like a little balloon and turned a lovely shade of purple with red blotches. I was handling … read more
Are you divorced? Does your divorce decree state that you may claim your children as dependents in the odd years while your ex-spouse gets to claim them in the even years? Then why were you unable to claim the children … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Identity Theft: How to Protect Yourself
- Save Twice with the Saver’s Credit
- California’s New College Access Tax Credit
- Business Use of a Vacation Home
- When Happily Ever After Isn’t: Innocent Spouse Relief
- UPDATE: 2015 Change to Exemption for Arizona Retail Sales to Out-of-State Buyers
- IRS Announces Official Tax Season Start Date
- Can I Get a Deduction for My New Year’s Resolutions?
- What’s in the Taxpayer Bill of Rights?
- IRS Budget Cuts to Result in Reduced Services for Taxpayers