If you’re a member of the U. S. Armed Forces, likely the last thing on your mind is taxes. Be aware though, there are many special tax benefits available to members of the armed forces. Following are six of those … read more
Tax fraud went up 181% for the 2010 filing season, according to the IRS. This large increase in fraud is due to two primary causes: the first is a bad economy, and the second is a push-and-pull from both sides … read more
I have previously blogged about the penalties the IRS will impose on late filing Partnership income tax returns. To refresh your memory, the late filing penalty for a 2009 Partnership return is $89 for each month the return is late … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Foreigners Selling U.S. Real Estate
- IRS: No More Estate Tax Closing Letters…Unless You Ask
- Pushing for Tax Reform – Civil Tax Penalties
- Tax Implications of Marriage on Your Filing Status
- Where Did Your Tax Dollars Go?
- IRS Regulations Proposed for ABLE Act
- The Tax Benefits of Hiring Your Kids
- I Received a “B Notice” from the IRS – What Do I Do?
- I have a Net Operating Loss, Do I Need to Worry about AMT?
- Tax Deduction for Hosting a Foreign Student