Tax fraud went up 181% for the 2010 filing season, according to the IRS. This large increase in fraud is due to two primary causes: the first is a bad economy, and the second is a push-and-pull from both sides … read more
I have previously blogged about the penalties the IRS will impose on late filing Partnership income tax returns. To refresh your memory, the late filing penalty for a 2009 Partnership return is $89 for each month the return is late … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Changes to Form 8621 Filing Requirements
- The Capital Gains Look-Through Rule at a Glance
- Can Spouses Help each Other Lower Their Self Employment Tax?
- Temporary Regulations Provide Guidance on Form 5471
- New Like-Kind Exchange Reporting Required for California (IRC 1031)
- Survey Suggests Taxpayers are Overconfident in Their Tax Prep Skills
- Timing Rules for SEPs and SIMPLE-IRAs Part II
- Timing Rules for SEPs and SIMPLE-IRAs Part I
- Are You an Identity Theft Victim?
- Supreme Court Decides Severance Pay is Subject to FICA Tax