What if you have a chance to pay taxes now in order to receive future tax free treatment on the earnings of those monies, would you convert? It would certainly depend on a number of factors. What if you could … read more
Are you eligible? This is the first hurdle when considering whether to convert your IRA to a Roth IRA. Before 2010, Roth conversions were limited to those individuals with modified adjusted gross income of $100,000 or less. In 2010, the … read more
Simplified employee pension individual retirement account (SEP-IRA) plans can be a very convenient retirement tool to self-employed business owners and small businesses. Any employer, such as a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, or nonprofit that has one or more employees is … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- The IRS Levy or How to Ruin an Evening
- Roth IRA Contributions for a High-Income Couple
- Five Depreciation Tips for Year-End Tax Planning
- Trust Taxation in 2013 – A Potential New Paradigm
- Foreign Gift Reporting Requirements
- Relaxing the “Use it or Lose it” Rule for Flexible Spending Accounts
- Correspondence Audit Selection Process
- Don’t Miss Out on Taking Your 2013 Arizona State Tax Credits!
- The Evolving Affordable Care Act – Health Insurance
- Various Tax Benefits Increase Due to Inflation Adjustments for 2014