Just because you are paying rent to a related party doesn’t mean that you can pay whatever you want or get by without a rental agreement if you want your deductions to hold up. Related party rent is an issue … read more
In Arizona, property taxes are assessed on real and personal property. All of us, however, own some personal property that is exempt from property taxation. When is personal property subject to property tax? The definition of personal property, for property … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Surviving Recruiting: Land the Job and Keep Your Sanity
- Government Forgives Certain Student Loan Debts
- An Easier, Cheaper 60 Day Rollover Waiver
- Hardship Distributions
- Transfer Pricing, IRC 482 and Control
- Taking on the Tax Court – What Happened to Bruno?
- Sales Tax Audits
- Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets and Accounts
- When You Sell Your Home Impacts Your Taxes
- Irrevocable Trust v QPRT: Part II