Basic Allowance for Housing
Combating Your Tax Return – Part I: A Brief Overview of Special Tax Provisions for Members of the U.S. Armed Forces
I was recently approached by a friend, who is currently serving in the Navy, for help in the filing of his tax return. Before I could acquiesce, I needed to read up on the many special tax rules relating to … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Traditional v. Roth IRAs and Other Retirement Options for the Self-Employed
- IRS Shuts Down E-File PIN Tool
- Tax Return Identity Theft – Not Just a Problem at the Federal Level
- Built-In Gains Tax
- Commuting Costs and the Home Office
- Gift Stock to Help a Loved One – 0% Rate Tip
- IRS Changes Partnership Audit Rules
- How to Access Frequently Requested IRS Records
- Documentation Requirements for Non-Cash Contributions
- IRS Tax Refund Offset Program Needs Improvement