The California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) has begun an education process to assist taxpayers in understanding what portion of their California property tax bill is deductible as an itemized tax deduction on Schedule A. The FTB advises taxpayers to examine … read more
Arizona was one of more than thirty states that borrowed money (after their unemployment trust funds were depleted) from the federal government during the economic recession in order to continue paying unemployment benefits to eligible claimants as required by federal … read more
Since 1957, Henry & Horne, LLP has been one of the leading accounting firms in Arizona. One of the reasons is our Tax Internship program. The first intern started back in 1996, and through the years there have been 17 … read more
In Arizona, property taxes are assessed on real and personal property. All of us, however, own some personal property that is exempt from property taxation. When is personal property subject to property tax? The definition of personal property, for property … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Changes to Form 8621 Filing Requirements
- The Capital Gains Look-Through Rule at a Glance
- Can Spouses Help each Other Lower Their Self Employment Tax?
- Temporary Regulations Provide Guidance on Form 5471
- New Like-Kind Exchange Reporting Required for California (IRC 1031)
- Survey Suggests Taxpayers are Overconfident in Their Tax Prep Skills
- Timing Rules for SEPs and SIMPLE-IRAs Part II
- Timing Rules for SEPs and SIMPLE-IRAs Part I
- Are You an Identity Theft Victim?
- Supreme Court Decides Severance Pay is Subject to FICA Tax