The IRS recently released some statistics regarding the 2014 Filing Season. Included in this release was a projection of the number of amended returns that the IRS expects to be filed during 2014. Believe it or not, they expect more … read more
The IRS is tasked to keep track of various statistics from year to year for a variety of reasons. They can help determine trends, gauge economic activity, and help with the IRS’s own internal business needs and planning. As of … read more
In our practice, we often advise and assist surviving spouses. A recent communication from the IRS illustrates how a surviving spouse cannot file an amended return with her deceased husband. The wife and her husband had timely filed a joint … read more
Mistakes happen, let’s face it. What should one do if a mistake is discovered in a prior tax filing? If an error that caused the understatement of a tax liability is not promptly corrected, it can result in larger interest … read more
Everyday the world is changing around us, and while some experience fame, fortune, happiness, or success, others may experience difficulty, sorrow, despair, and losses. Taxpayers who find themselves a victim of theft or natural disasters should know that there are … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit – You May Still Qualify for 2014
- Do you own an Arizona Rental House? Get Ready to be Licensed
- WARNING – Federal Healthcare Coverage Information May be Incorrect
- Write Off Your Building Improvements under the Safe Harbor for Small Taxpayers
- What is a Real Estate Unit of Property?
- How to Deduct Recurring Maintenance? The Routine Maintenance Safe Harbor
- Materials and Supplies – IRS Guidance on How to Deduct
- Expense Your Property under the De Minimis Safe Harbor
- Arizona – To Conform or Not to Conform to Tax Legislation?
- Premium Tax Credit Brings Changes to Your 2014 Income Tax Return