Great news for wage earners – Congress has passed a bill that temporally extends the 2% reduction in the employee portion of FICA taxes. Of course, they did not make it that simple. For individuals that earn more than $18,350 … read more
The uniform capitalization rules (UNICAP) require a business to capitalize certain costs rather than deduct the costs as they are incurred. The UNICAP rules do not apply to all businesses. The businesses that are subject to the UNICAP rules include … read more
There was a recent survey conducted by Grant Thornton LLP of 500 senior finance executives at US companies across many different industries. The findings of this survey were interesting in that 55% of CFOs stated that the most significant challenge … read more
One of the most important decisions to make when starting or expanding a business is what type of entity to create. The choice can be long-lasting and difficult to change, so the entity type should fit the anticipated needs of … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Nevada Issues FAQs about New Commerce Tax on Business
- Simple Arizona Tax Credit Opportunities
- IRS Raises Tangible Property Expensing Threshold to $2,500
- Exemption for Estate and Gift Tax Rises to $5,450,000 in 2016
- Charity Auction Tax Deductions
- The Proper Way to Report Business Charitable Deductions
- Arizona Unemployment Tax Changes
- Are You Ready to File 1095-B & 1095-C?
- Bipartisan Budget Bill 2015: Major Change to Social Security
- IRS Lost Computers & Bungled Windows Update