As a business owner, one of your numerous responsibilities is to issue 1099′s to any eligible payee prior to January 31st of the following year. On the tax return you file, there is even a new question you’re required to … read more
Now that the Supreme Court has ruled that the Health Care Act (now known as the Affordable Care Act) has been declared constitutional except for the part that punishes states by eliminating existing Medicaid funding, we can begin to look … read more
The IRS recently sent out its first “IRS Tax Tip” for 2012. Here’s the Internal Revenue Service’s top 10 tips to ensure a smooth tax-filing: 1. Gather your records Round up any documents you’ll need when filing your taxes: receipts, … read more
The IRS has announced that under the Affordable Care Act, health care professionals who received student loan relief under state programs that reward those who work in under-served communities may qualify for refunds on their 2009 federal income tax returns … read more
Have you ever needed copies of your tax information from prior years and for some reason you were unable to locate your records? Did you know that it is possible to obtain this information directly from the IRS? The process … read more
My kids were always skilled at matching games…you know, those games where there are grids of cards with cartoon characters turned upside down and you need to match up the two hidden pictures of the same character. Well, the IRS … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit – You May Still Qualify for 2014
- Do you own an Arizona Rental House? Get Ready to be Licensed
- WARNING – Federal Healthcare Coverage Information May be Incorrect
- Write Off Your Building Improvements under the Safe Harbor for Small Taxpayers
- What is a Real Estate Unit of Property?
- How to Deduct Recurring Maintenance? The Routine Maintenance Safe Harbor
- Materials and Supplies – IRS Guidance on How to Deduct
- Expense Your Property under the De Minimis Safe Harbor
- Arizona – To Conform or Not to Conform to Tax Legislation?
- Premium Tax Credit Brings Changes to Your 2014 Income Tax Return