The IRS website can be very helpful. I wanted to point out one of the most recent IRS tax tips that will help taxpayers who are having trouble getting their W-2’s or have misplaced their W-2’s and are ready to … read more
In a recent Internal Revenue Service Notice number 2011-28, guidance is provided on informational reporting to employees of the cost of their group health insurance coverage as required as part of the Affordable Care Act. The purpose of the provision … read more
With the many hardships businesses have faced in recent years, there is a chance that some employers aren’t in business by the time they are required to furnish W-2 statements to employees. In a recent IRS tax tip, the IRS … read more
The IRS has recently announced that employers won’t have to report the aggregate cost of employer-sponsored group health plan coverage on Forms W-2 issued for 2011. The Reporting for 2011 will be optional, and employers taking advantage of the reprieve … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- IRS Wants to Know Your Thoughts on Form 8838
- 2014 Standard Mileage Rates Decreased
- The IRS Levy or How to Ruin an Evening
- Roth IRA Contributions for a High-Income Couple
- Five Depreciation Tips for Year-End Tax Planning
- Trust Taxation in 2013 – A Potential New Paradigm
- Foreign Gift Reporting Requirements
- Relaxing the “Use it or Lose it” Rule for Flexible Spending Accounts
- Correspondence Audit Selection Process
- Don’t Miss Out on Taking Your 2013 Arizona State Tax Credits!