Tax Relief Act
Every U.S. person has a lifetime exclusion from federal estate and gift taxes. The 2010 Tax Relief Act created the “deceased spousal unused exclusion amount” (DSUEA). (See separate article describing the DSUEA here.) For a surviving spouse, the DSUEA is … read more
The estate planning landscape radically changed when the Tax Relief Act of 2010 authorized estates of decedents dying after 2010 to elect to transfer any unused exclusion to the surviving spouse and when the act drastically raised the exclusion amount … read more
With the passage of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, the government extended the new markets tax credit which is available for investments made in entities involved in development in low- and moderate-income areas throughout the United States, Puerto … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- You’re the Lucky Winner! Well, Sort of. Taxation of Prizes and Awards
- London Embassy Makes Applying for an ITIN a Little Easier
- Taxes and International Boycott Operations
- Record Retention: When to Hold ‘Em and When to Fold ‘Em
- Received a Notice from the IRS or a State…Now What?
- Proceed with Caution When Helping Children Purchase a Home
- Tax Aspects of Employee Terminations
- Whose Property Is It?
- Tax Implications of the Sharing Economy
- RIA Releases Preliminary 2015 Tax Items