On June 2, 2014, the IRS announced changes to the Research and Development Tax Credit allowing the Alternative Simplified Credit (ASC) calculation methodology to be utilized on amended returns. This surprising, beneficial change is an important development for taxpayers that … read more
Arizona has passed SB 1254 modifying the state’s Research & Development (R&D) tax credit to make it partially refundable for credits generated in taxable years beginning after 12/31/2009. A business that meets all of the following conditions may qualify for a … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- A New Way to Drive Tax Revenues
- Disproportionate Distributions in an S Corporation
- Potential $34 Million Error in Amended Return Refunds
- When & How to Sign Up for Medicare Parts A & B
- Refunds for Certain Credits Delayed Next Filing Season
- Bill Eliminates Tax Penalty on Team USA Medalists
- 401(K) Withdrawals
- Righting the Wrongs – The Wrongful Incarceration Exclusion
- IRS Modernization – The Fax Machine is Not Dead
- Did Messi’s Mess Get Him “Locked Away”?