During the Great Recession it was often difficult to sell homes, as buyers were few, with many having difficulty qualifying for home loans previously easy to get. Other homeowners had upside down mortgages and couldn’t sell at the price needed … read more
What are you afraid of? Spiders, snakes, heights? The federal tax lien? If you picked the federal tax lien you are not alone. In 2012 there were 708,000 federal tax liens filed by the Internal Revenue Service. It is estimated … read more
Unfortunately, the majority of us, at some point in our lifetime will suffer an uninsured loss as the result of theft, act of nature or damage by accident. Fortunately, as taxpayers, we can still claim the amount of the loss … read more
In Arizona, property taxes are assessed on real and personal property. All of us, however, own some personal property that is exempt from property taxation. When is personal property subject to property tax? The definition of personal property, for property … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- The IRS Now has a Mobile App for You
- The Benefits of an Estate Plan for Your College-Age Children
- Minnesota CPAs’ List of Outrageous Tax Deductions
- Taxation of Professional Athletes: The Jock Tax
- Home Interest Deduction – Even When It’s Not in Your Name
- The IRS Says You’re No Longer Represented by Your CPA
- Marital Status? For Some LGBTQ Couples, It’s Complicated
- Need Help with Finding Tax Information?
- Save on Taxes While Growing Your Business
- New IRS Publication Helps You Understand the Affordable Care Act