During the Great Recession it was often difficult to sell homes, as buyers were few, with many having difficulty qualifying for home loans previously easy to get. Other homeowners had upside down mortgages and couldn’t sell at the price needed … read more
What are you afraid of? Spiders, snakes, heights? The federal tax lien? If you picked the federal tax lien you are not alone. In 2012 there were 708,000 federal tax liens filed by the Internal Revenue Service. It is estimated … read more
Unfortunately, the majority of us, at some point in our lifetime will suffer an uninsured loss as the result of theft, act of nature or damage by accident. Fortunately, as taxpayers, we can still claim the amount of the loss … read more
In Arizona, property taxes are assessed on real and personal property. All of us, however, own some personal property that is exempt from property taxation. When is personal property subject to property tax? The definition of personal property, for property … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Simplified Method for Home Office Deduction
- IRS Responds to Identity Theft
- Recent Gift (on or after June 17, 2008) from an Expatriate?
- IRS Taxpayer Advocate Employee Charged with ID Theft
- Make Your CPA Fall in Love During Tax Season
- Interesting Tax Deductions
- Why Did I Get this Form 1095? New ACA Info Statements
- New 529 Account Rules Passed with Extender Provisions
- It’s About Time! R&D Tax Credit Now Permanent
- New Tax Penalty Rules Passed with 2015 Extender Provisions