If you’re a business owner and you have a mortgage loan on some real estate, and find yourself in a situation where you have the desire and wherewithal to pay off the loan early, how do you treat any prepayment … read more
I recently read a scary headline to an article. It was something along the lines of “tax penalties do not correlate to income levels”. This intrigued me, so of course, I dug a little deeper. The article was referring to … read more
April 15 is the annual deadline for most people to file their federal income tax return and pay any taxes they owe. By law, the IRS may assess penalties to taxpayers for both failing to file a tax return and … read more
Are you like me and enjoy hearing stories of the income tax problems of the Rich & Famous? My enjoyment comes from knowing no matter who you are or how much you make; a celebrity still has to pay their … read more
What is it about fabulously wealthy celebrities and their tax scandals? Is it that their advisers are reckless? Or, are rich celebrities seeking out advisers who are aggressive and willing to play fast and loose with tax law and their client’s … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Pushing for Tax Reform – Cash Method of Accounting
- Exemption Due to Marketplace 1095-A Error
- IRS Marks National Military Appreciation Month
- Tax Benefits of Hiring Children to Work in the Family Business
- ADOR Provides Additional Guidance on Prime Contracting Classification
- Benefits of a 529 Plan for Arizona Taxpayers
- Bill Passed to Enhance College Tuition Plans
- AZ Expands School Tuition Organization Credit to S Corps
- Did You Participate in an Employee Stock Option or Stock Purchase Plan?
- Mid-Year Premium Tax Credit Checkup