Which form should you use to file your federal income taxes? These days, most people use a computer to prepare and e-file their tax forms. It’s easy, because tax software selects the right form for you. If you file on … read more
Part I examined Form 1040 itself. This part covers related forms and schedules. Form 1040—Schedule A, Itemized Deductions Line 1. Medical and dental expenses. The 2013 standard mileage rate for medically-related use of an auto is 24¢ per mile. Line … read more
With the start of tax season on Jan. 31, the IRS has now released on its website final tax forms and instructions for the 2013 Form 1040 and its related schedules. The instructions to the Form 1040 for 2013 carry … read more
IRS has released on its website a number of the final tax forms and instructions for the 2012 tax year, including Form 1040 and related forms and schedules. They reflect many administrative and law changes that apply for the 2012 … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Partnership Agreements: Why You Should Read the Fine Print
- New Sales Tax Exemption for Manufacturing Businesses Available in August
- Inherited IRAs Don’t Receive Bankruptcy Code Protection
- Mid-Year Tax Planning Tips
- Simpler Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program Helps U.S. Taxpayers
- Proposed Simplification of Education Tax Breaks: The Good and the Bad
- Unused ITINs to Expire after Five Years
- The Decision: Part 2 – State Tax Impact and NBA Free Agency
- Millions of Amended Tax Returns Expected to be Filed
- Six Things to Know about the Additional Medicare Tax on Earnings