Generally speaking, the United States imposes gift tax on all gifts above a certain threshold. But, in general, in the case of a nonresident not a citizen of the United States, gift tax shall apply to a transfer only if … read more
If your investment portfolio includes holdings outside of the U.S., it is not uncommon to see foreign taxes withheld on the foreign sourced income it generates. Generally, you may claim a credit for foreign taxes if the following four tests … read more
Non resident individuals investing in the U.S. may encounter many tax problems when their home country applies different tax treatment to an investment. One such example of this problem occurs when a United Kingdom investor becomes an owner or partner … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- The IRS Levy or How to Ruin an Evening
- Roth IRA Contributions for a High-Income Couple
- Five Depreciation Tips for Year-End Tax Planning
- Trust Taxation in 2013 – A Potential New Paradigm
- Foreign Gift Reporting Requirements
- Relaxing the “Use it or Lose it” Rule for Flexible Spending Accounts
- Correspondence Audit Selection Process
- Don’t Miss Out on Taking Your 2013 Arizona State Tax Credits!
- The Evolving Affordable Care Act – Health Insurance
- Various Tax Benefits Increase Due to Inflation Adjustments for 2014