In recent years many companies have taken advantage of the benefits that an S corporation provides, but the requirements to qualify as an S corporation are onging and businesses should be aware of certain steps to take to avoid an … read more
The Franchise Tax Board (FTB) announced taxpayers can save time and money using its new online self-service application for obtaining entity status letters. An entity status letter discloses whether or not a business entity is in good standing with FTB … read more
We have often seen clients struggle with their decisions as to what type of entity they should choose to operate their business. In those cases where we are able to consult with them ahead of time, we can work through … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Tax Breaks for Charitable Volunteers
- 2013 Business Year End Planning Reminders
- 2013 Individual Tax Year End Reminders
- IRS Wants to Know Your Thoughts on Form 8838
- 2014 Standard Mileage Rates Decreased
- The IRS Levy or How to Ruin an Evening
- Roth IRA Contributions for a High-Income Couple
- Five Depreciation Tips for Year-End Tax Planning
- Trust Taxation in 2013 – A Potential New Paradigm
- Foreign Gift Reporting Requirements