In recent years many companies have taken advantage of the benefits that an S corporation provides, but the requirements to qualify as an S corporation are onging and businesses should be aware of certain steps to take to avoid an … read more
The Franchise Tax Board (FTB) announced taxpayers can save time and money using its new online self-service application for obtaining entity status letters. An entity status letter discloses whether or not a business entity is in good standing with FTB … read more
We have often seen clients struggle with their decisions as to what type of entity they should choose to operate their business. In those cases where we are able to consult with them ahead of time, we can work through … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- Deducting Travel Costs Related to Volunteer Work
- Partnership Agreements: Why You Should Read the Fine Print
- New Sales Tax Exemption for Manufacturing Businesses Available in August
- Inherited IRAs Don’t Receive Bankruptcy Code Protection
- Mid-Year Tax Planning Tips
- Simpler Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program Helps U.S. Taxpayers
- Proposed Simplification of Education Tax Breaks: The Good and the Bad
- Unused ITINs to Expire after Five Years
- The Decision: Part 2 – State Tax Impact and NBA Free Agency
- Millions of Amended Tax Returns Expected to be Filed