Effective July 1, 2014, the City of Tempe will be reducing its sales tax rate from 2 percent down to 1.8 percent. The rate was temporarily increased in 2010 in order to preserve public services and prevent government layoffs during … read more
The Obama administration recently came out with its 2015 Budget Plan. The tax plan focuses on reducing the deficit while enforcing taxpayer compliance measures. Following are some highlights for you to be aware of. Whether any of these will actually … read more
Periodically, the IRS releases statistics covering certain timeframes that, in part, give us a sense of how we may be doing in certain categories of economic activity. It’s not the very much anticipated GDP or unemployment numbers released by other … read more
If you are an Arizona employer, you are probably aware that your unemployment taxes went up in 2011. Arizona employers were assessed a “Special Assessment” to repay funds that were borrowed from the federal government to enable Arizona to continue … read more
The Internal Revenue Service recognizes that many people may be having difficult times financially. There can be a tax impact to events such as job loss, income reduction or tapping a retirement fund. Additionally, the IRS may be able to … read more
I know that long term investors typically want all of their investments to increase in value, but unfortunately in the real world it doesn’t always work that way. From a tax perspective, having losses in your portfolio is something that … read more
There is nothing more complex than the world of taxes. We know this and yet we chose careers where we face these issues everyday. We get questions day in and day out about new tax laws, forms and news items and how they affect everyday people and businesses. Well, here at Henry & Horne, LLP we have set out to do what we do best; help everyday people understand what is going on in the world of state, local, federal, estate and international taxation. We will provide these weekly posts and we encourage you to give us feedback on those posts as well as letting us know what else you would like to know more about. Welcome to "Tax Insights." We hope you find this blog informative and worthy of your time.
Before posting a comment on a blog post please be aware that we do not give free tax advice to non-clients by email, comment response, or phone. Thank you!
- New IRS Publication Helps You Understand the Affordable Care Act
- Taxes, Interest and Carrying Charges – Election to Capitalize
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit – You May Still Qualify for 2014
- Do you own an Arizona Rental House? Get Ready to be Licensed
- WARNING – Federal Healthcare Coverage Information May be Incorrect
- Write Off Your Building Improvements under the Safe Harbor for Small Taxpayers
- What is a Real Estate Unit of Property?
- How to Deduct Recurring Maintenance? The Routine Maintenance Safe Harbor
- Materials and Supplies – IRS Guidance on How to Deduct
- Expense Your Property under the De Minimis Safe Harbor